Instagram is a mobile app which allows users to immediately take and/or upload photos and quickly edit them using an exclusive set of filters as well as an exclusive tilt-shift feature (3-D effect) that differentiates them from the rest. It’s gaining popularity more quickly than other apps and is likely to be the reason the person standing in line in front of you at Starbuck’s is snapping a photo in the case with the pastries, with no obvious reason. Instagram is addictive and it has an entire population of iPhone and Android users hooked. Where they go, your business should follow.
If you’re the CEO of your business and/or the person who handles branding and social media, you must be privy to the six reasons why Instagram is a great choice for your company:
- Instagram is Instantaneous There’s no waiting until you get back to your home or office to take full advantage of Instagram to build your brand. With the app on your iPhone or Android camera, you take the image, edit, upload, make a post (remember to include #hashtag keywords) and then share the image via your brand’s account in moments.
- No Duplicate Accounts Needed Contrary to Facebook as well as Google+ where you’re required to set up a lengthy personal profile before you are able to create a cheap likes for instagram brand page and you’re able to jump right in as an account on Instagram without penalty. It’s a relatively simple setup process.
- Everyone Has an Inner-Photographer A lot of business owners are stuck in regards to using social media to increase their customer base , for the most part because they do not have a way with words or understand how to develop their creativity to create content marketing. Everyone loves taking pictures and let’s face it – almost every one of us feels like we have a knack behind the camera. However, while darkroom photos often do not prove it, the ease and slick editing features of Instagram could turn you into your own Herb Ritts to your content marketing for products or services.
- It Makes Your Brand Look Interesting This is the wonderful thing with Instagram, which is that it allows you to show your products or services. The filters on Instagram make office supplies providers, garbage removal services even internet marketers appear cool. Make use of Instagram to showcase the quality of your service or product, and even show off your corporate image by recording candid office moments. Instagram albums bring personality to brands in ways that none of the other social media platforms has achieved until now.
- Create a Location Page for Your Business Google Places and the new Google+ Local Pages to businesses have shown the value for having an actual place associated with your brand’s digital presence. Instagram’s integration with the Foursquare location database lets you Geotag the location the photo is taken (i.e. your place of business) which allows it be included on the location page on Instagram. If Instagram users browse photos in relation to location and come across something that is appealing to them in the area of their residence, you could be attracting a new client. If your business’s location isn’t listed, you can add your business to the Instagram/Foursquare database.
- It’s Easier to get Followers Because you cannot post links on Instagram, the public won’t feel like they are being bombarded with SPAM when following your brand account. If you frequently post pictures that are interesting and highlight your service or product on Instagram your customers tend to follow your account there than on alternative Social Network. It is easier for you to build brand recognition with a bigger following. Because Instagram is able to connect with you Facebook and Twitter pages, it can help those social networks grow for you as well. The same rules for social media marketing apply however – interact on (comment as well as “like”) and follow your clients first. On Instagram, they actually follow back. Conclusion: While it doesn’t provide the opportunities for linking that internet marketers are obsessed with, Instagram is the easiest and most fun-to-use social sharing platform available and it’s a great tool to build your business branding identity and gaining brand recognition with your customer base on the internet.